Skip to content

RIP $pread

August 24, 2010
tags:

I heard this last night, but I was kind of hoping it wasn’t real. So, I forged ahead with the short story of the moment and drank one too many beers. Or I drank all the beer in the house and then just wished for more to magically appear.

RIP $pread

I am still processing, or mourning, or in disbelief. I just can’t muster much else to say right now. This reaction is rather abnormal; I’m speechless.

Advertisements
7 Comments leave one →
  1. August 25, 2010 12:36 pm

I also just realized this morning that I’ve been wearing all black for the past two days. unconscious mourning?

• ant permalink
      August 25, 2010 1:13 pm

i’d prefer to think that it’s because you look hot in black !

2. August 26, 2010 3:59 pm

ant: thank you!

I’m wearing all black again today. I swear I’m not doing it on purpose; it has just seemed like the best option all week. Of course, I probably own more clothing in black than any other color—stereotypical nyc.

Extra confession: Even more than my daily work attire, I’ve also been wearing black if I go out later at night, and have even slept in all black. So, that’s 2-3, depending on if I go out after work, different all black outfits a day for the past three days!

3. August 27, 2010 8:48 am

Moved there when I was 18 for university. I feel like I belong more there and that’s more home than anywhere else, really.

• Ant permalink
      August 27, 2010 11:18 am

black again today?

and if you say you are putting on one of those little black dresses and heading out bar hopping tonight, i’ll have to get on the motorcycle and head to NC with as much sushi as i can stuff in the saddle bags! 😉 😛

• August 29, 2010 10:12 am

Eh. I hardly ever go out bar hopping. So, that’s pretty far from what I meant by going out. Mostly, going out last week meant my own personal business meetings, dinner with a few friends, and/or moving related stuff.